CONTACT US TODAY TO START YOUR INCORPORATION PROCESS
Gibraltar Legal Entities
Gibraltar legal entities are recognized in one of twelve forms, they are as follows:
- Company limited by shares: this is by far the most common form of company not only in Gibraltar but globally.
- Company limited by guarantee: Particularly appropriate for not-for-profit organisations, Each member’s liability is limited to the amount agreed in the Memorandum of Association to be contributed in the event the company goes into liquidation.
- Company limited by guarantee having a share capital: this is a hybrid of both previous companies. Used in specialist planning situations.
- Branches: foreign companies are permitted to register branches in Gibraltar.
- Private investment company: generally these companies are formed for the purpose of holding investments. Which may include property, traded investments, hedge funds, chattels, or intellectual property rights.
- Holding company: Gibraltar’s favorable tax regime makes it a good option as a location for group holding companies.
- Investment funds: Gibraltar’s mutual funds are regulated. The level of regulation varies from soft for private arrangements to more complex regulation where investment is available to the local public.
- Local trading companies: ranging from small businesses to internationally recognised companies such as the internet gaming companies based in Gibraltar. It should be noted that trading licenses are required for these types of companies.
- International trading companies: some companies are able to co-ordinate international trading activities from Gibraltar, without the need for licensing.
- Regulated financial companies: banks, trust companies, company managers and insurance companies are all regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (FSC).
- Private companies: restricted by the Articles of Incorporation to no more than 50 members. There are certain regulatory concessions for private companies.
- Public companies: any company which has over 50 members.