CATEGORY E is a type of permanent residence in the territory of Cyprus with the right to its holders to work in one of the declared companies (shareholder must be a non-resident of Cyprus).
Successful candidate / who should apply
- A direct business owner in Cyprus / potential employer for local population;
- A manager should be a highly skilled worker in a foreign company in Cyprus who is not representing the real competition for local unemployed population (having a highly skilled, unique experience and value to the Employer that needs to be proved).
Validity of the permit
This category is issued once only for a period of which the applicant intends to be employed in a company (does not need to be renewed every 1-2 years and go through the entire procedure again, as in the case of a work permit).
How long does it take to get the permit?
It takes from 6 to 12 months (depending on the complexity of the case and work load in the immigration to review petitions for Category E).
For how long can the holder of Category Е be away from Cyprus?
If the holder stays out of Cyprus for 2 years, then the permit is immediately cancelled.
Criteria for expedition (2 months)
- The applicant must buy a property in Cyprus of a minimum value of EUR 300,000, excluding VAT;
- The applicant must deposit a minimum of EUR 30,000 in a Cyprus bank account in a fixed deposit account for a period of 3 years;
- The applicant must show a deposit in a Cyprus bank account of a minimum EUR 30,000 plus EUR 5,000 for each dependent.
*Only by adhering to all 3 of the above criteria will ensure the passage of the case on an accelerated path.
Immigration Permit types:
- Registration of an EU citizen and his/hers family members that are also EU citizens – View
- Residence card of a non – EU citizen who is married with an EU citizen – View
- Temporary Residence permit (pink slips) – View
- Permits for the spouse/relatives of CY citizens (pink slips) – View
- Employment Permits (non – EU nationals) – View
- Registration of Cyprus companies with foreign affairs – View
- Long Term Residence Permits (Category E) – View
- Long Term Residence Permits (Category F) – View
- Citizenships – by naturalization or by exception – View